Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cookies anyone?

We used to do a lot of crafts around here.. The kids and I would cut up paper plates, color pictures, make crowns, anything to be crafty...

However as the farm has gotten busier the crafts have disappeared. To much hassle to pull everything out, too many kids running too many directions and unwilling to help with cleanup. Some of my children weren't even born the last time we had a craft day...

That makes me sad. One of my priorities in next years curriculum is to bring back the crafts, so i figured that while Mr. Rigger rips off the addition this week i could entertain the kids by having some friends over and decorating sugar cookies. Its edible, fun, gooey, messy, it has all the qualities of a great kids craft.

So i made cookies...

Did i mention i LOVE raw cookie dough??

So i make my dough and i think in my head "this is going well, woo hoo...

I pick up a glob of dough and pop it in my mouth...

NASTY!

I used 2Cups of salt instead of Sugar...

NASTY, okay in the garbage, and start again....

(it appears that as i Reorganized my pantry i poured a container of salt into my sugar jar... So i fished out half the jar and tossed it.. everything should have a yummy tang for the next few weeks until i refill the sugar)

Okay start again..

7 minutes in the oven... first batch out...

Devoured by midgets.... not one cookie left...

Next batch in the oven..... pour milk for little ones, clean up a spill, decide to have a bath, find the most delectable smelling Epsom salts with eucalyptus in the bathroom, toss some of that in the steamy tub and i even shaved my legs in preparation for Mr. Riggers return. 

I had a great bath, one of those extra long becausee i cant hear any of the kids crying and they must be enjoying there movie with gramma baths... it was lovely, i washed my hair...

oh and those cookies smelled lovely...

COOKIES!!!

CRAP!!!



Hmmmm.......

Ms. Proper ---- " Wow, mom those cookies sure are burnt, are you doing something special with those ones?"

Me--- " ummn.... no"

Ms. Proper " Oh, we don't have to eat them do we?"

Me--- "ummnn... no"

Ms. Proper " I love you Mommy!"

Me--- " Thanks"


Kids.....


Cookies.....

Organization...

Perhaps today will be better.... Maybe i will make more cookies tonight.... I still think it would be a nice craft!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.