Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Someone elses idea

So I have a friend, who makes a list every year on her birthday of personal goals x the number of years she turns. I think its brilliant, but i am hardly able to think of 29 thinks i need or want so since this year is half over for me I figure ten will suffice.

1. Get the Cupar Farmers market going even if its just me and a table for the first little while.
2. Finally list all those handmade items on Etsy, ebay, or put up at the farmers market.
3. Figure out and DO a ten minute stretch every morning and night (we sure get stiff in our old age)
4. Pay down our debt by making more at home, and using the money saved as debt payment.
5. When my husband is home for his week off, GO OUT without children, even if its just for a walk..
6. Find that 40s house dress pattern that i have been searching the net for and buy it.
7. Make myself 4 aprons.
8. Blog more often.
9. Serve others more than I serve myself.
10. Make up my mind... to stay in this abundant prairie, arctic and all or move back to BC even if it means no acreage, a mortgage and starting over AGAIN.
woo.. hoo.. now about the moving thing... Here's my reasoning.. Now I know I cant have my cake and eat it too. We have no mortgage, not to say we don't have debt but we have NO MORTGAGE. which is great! we have 20 acres, also great, many animals and an old character house. Now I whine a bit i know, but it is cold.... its cold and blustery and the land is covered in foot upon foot of snow... We finally bought a tractor, with no attachments, that i have yet to see run but none the less it is a tractor, that will never run in the winter because its too cold, so really no snow removal for the yard. Our home is cold... we rely on an electric furnace and our current power bill for 3 months is 2900.00. To say the least our home is a tad bit drafty! We need a wood stove which my husband is dead set against, because he doesn't think he can install it himself and we hate to hire people... So while the heat is set at 78 the living room is a sauna and the bedrooms upstairs are so cold you can see your breathe. We have a new roof which is awesome... no more raining in the bedrooms... But i`m tired! I need a night sleep without having to go down two flights of stairs to wiggle the furnace wires and get the old girl (2 years old) to start running again. I would like to wear pajamas to bed. Not pajamas and Mr. riggers robe, two pairs of socks, and a toddler on my chest under two blankets. The kitchen floor is frozen, hhmmm...

Sorry i ranted..... the Lord has provided our family a wonderful shelter and an acreage. Should he decide that we need to move on so be it. I am thankful for the things that we have because I know we could have much much less. I know that my children are safe and that we will always be provided for. I`m sure that once the snow passes my feelings will be renewed.. I just need to be patient...

Split personality or what huh ... have you ever heard the saying Put on your big girl panties and get it done.... As I was writing that first paragraph that little saying was running through my mind.



More to come... hopefully on a happy note

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.