Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dryer lint...

Its warm and cozy and just sits there until you come and get it... Potentially very hazardous able to start a huge fire yet it looks so warm and cozy... Life's a lot like lint....

That was all the intellectualism I could muster for the day, but I wanted to keep the habit of getting on here... so here I am...

The last few days have been okay. We have been moving furniture (my favorite pastime) and discussing the future (sometimes good sometimes bad). We did our taxes... But Mr. Rigger wants a "Professional" to do them just in case. We owe the government a lot of money, and when you ignore them they get pretty angry (who knew) so now they are hitting us pretty hard. So we are paying down the debt but its always a long process and they always want more than you think you can afford and we are not "Payment" people. Mr. Rigger likes to go in and pay the insurance for the year as opposed to monthly payments (good thing : its over with and if he gets laid off we don't have to pay out the little we have .. bad thing : theres a lot of those things and it seems like we never get ahead) So he doesn't want to pay an accountant any "More" money to find out that yup we do owe them all that and they want it now...

I get his point.... so we will be broke for a while and why did we spend 100.00 on a tax program if we were going to turn around and pay 200.00 to get H&R block to do them.    Whatever...

I am still ridiculously down.... I am having huge issues learning to keep my mouth shut and just go with the flow.I am really argumentative (I didn't know that) no wonder my kids always have to try to get the last word.

We are having dinner with friends tonight... should be fun! Another excuse to hit the bottle (which I seem to be doing a lot lately) and the kids will be entertained, always a bonus.

Mr. Rigger hauled water today and filled up my tanks! I love it when I can clean! I think we have decided to sell this place... It will of course not be for a while we have chickens coming, sheep to sheer, goats to annoy, and a garden to grow. But I think this will (fingers crossed) be the last summer here. I would rather rent than spend another winter here without testosterone. Its to much for mum and I to handle. The kids get all teary whenever its brought up but seriously.... home is where we are not our house.

Now I just have to get gramma on the same page and maybe win the lottery to make it happen.

I was looking on MLS and all the houses are (besides expensive) BEAUTIFUL! doesn't anyone sell normal houses anymore... without a redone kitchen with granite and custom cabinetry and whirlpools? We will paint and maybe have the hardwood refinished, put in a main floor toilet (a dream I've had since we bought this place)and finish the outside (siding) but we cant afford granite or cabinetry... We would only be asking about 125 to 150 which is a good buy out here and a good down payment for us.... Assuming anyone would actually give us a mortgage.. (Issue number 47 on the list of why we suck)

We would be BC bound though I think... I want warmer and distinguishable seasons, loose homeschooling laws, available firewood, water nearby, the ability to still grow a garden and have some chickens, we need a major airport nearby so Dan can fly to and from work, I would love a wood stove, and about 5 acres (would be happy with 2 though) and finished! I will not remodel anymore! No more fixer uppers... I will not drywall tile, plumb, split, rebuild, add on to.... nothing... it has to be done!
and an in-law suite would be nice for gramma.. then she can have her own kitchen and a door that locks (gramma you are coming with me.... I'm bigger than you.... and I have tie straps..... and typar (if you know what I mean *wink*)

Even Alberta would be okay but its still cold, prairie, less trees but maybe more affordable than BC... We wont leap this time (I know I know jaws are all wide open) We will consider what our medical costs, gas, taxes, utilities and all of that would be in each province and then make a decision about where....

If I won that lottery though... there is an amazing place in nanoose bay made out of logs that has five acres and a well (NO HAULING WATER) that would be quite okay with me.... While I'm in dreamland there is also a great vineyard in osoyoos (but not near and airport) that would suit us just fine... and FREE BOOZE....

woooo hooooo!

Bette get the floors washed.....


They look happy... that makes me happy......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.