Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My vein venture..

Yah... Vein..... NOT VAIN!

Yesterday morning i dropped off the kids at a friends and headed to the Hospital for my sclerotherapy. It was a little anti-climatic. The last time I saw this doctor Birdie was 4 months old, and I have been on a waiting list since.

History:
I was blessed with moderately bad circulation so when i am pregnant my leg veins get constricted and blood pools in them... It becomes increasingly painful as the pressure increases and time goes on. These are not simply spider veins that are unsightly. You can actually see these mammoth things through my pants on a rough day. During my last two pregnancies i was induced because of my discomfort and inability to walk without looking like i just got off a horse. During my last pregnancy when i was induced the doctors were worried that i would have difficulty delivering because there was not enough room to push the baby passed all these fabulous veins...

So I have waited...

After Birdie was born i prayed and prayed that i wouldn't get pregnant again until i was a more reasonable weight (check 145lbs) until the baby was a few months old (check going on 17 months) and until my veins were fixed...

here's the anti climatic part...

I thought i waited a year to go in and get them fixed... i went in they did a few injections to 3(three!) of the veins and said "Ok well.. we will leave it at that ... and see you back here in a month"

huh?!

So this was the first installment of the series of injections..... in a month we will "tackle " a few more, he wants to make sure he has the potency right and so on...

So how long is this going to take? and last time he said he would see me in a month i waited 13 months.... I could be forty by the time this is fixed!

I am upset... and sore.. i have to wear my support stockings (oh so comfortable... ) Day and night for three days then 12hrs on 12 hours off for 6 weeks!  To go back in HOPEFULLY a month for another session of six more weeks and so on...

Hello sexy summer apparel.... me sporting my spanx, tummy tucking undies and thigh high stockings (in nude) ... That my friends is super hot... and just in time for the 40 degree heatwaves of 2011..its a good thing there are expecting record highs in temperature this summer... I wouldn't want to miss that!



GRRRRRRRRR>........

On a lighter note...

While i was lazing around yesterday and i was thinking... my the children are quiet.....





Icing sugar....... Sooooo not as easy to clean up as it is to make a mess with....

mama needs to suck it up and get back to work!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.