Saturday, May 14, 2011

Meet Angus...

 Look at the smile on that girl!!!.....
That is why I LOVE the farm....
Despite all the Winters reasons I don't love it... that smile is what makes me hate to leave it...

 Angus...

He drools, foams at the mouth, follows you around, moos a shy little moo....
He was born May 6th, and arrived on our farm yesterday... 8 days old....
AWWWWW....
he will not be so cute once he is 1500 lbs but for now we will enjoy the fact that he slobbers all over your jeans in the most adorable way!

Even mama got a chance to feed him this morning!!

Mrs. Proper was up and dressed with shoes on at 7am to go out and do chores!
We should get something new everyday!!

On a negative note... one of our heaters fell over last night and we lost another half of the chicks...
Chickens are not our thing it would seem...
I will have to rethink it next year... maybe less and later in the year....
I hate to clean up bodies...
and lose money..
Every time one dies it hits me that we will not have it in the freezer this winter...

My intention was to fill the freezer and not have to buy ANY meat come September, but it seems we will either be taking up vegetarianism or buying meat.. Maybe next year will fair better.

So far in the garden...
Radishes...
White and Yellow Onions...
Saskatoon's, buffalo berry, seabuckthorn, Siberian Crab.
Nasturtiums, zinnias, woods rose
Found some Rhubarb sprouted underneath a hay pile!
My Snow on the mountain came back.. I'm so proud!

Before Mr. Rigger departs on Monday...
Potatoes
Garlic
Lilacs
Early spring peas..

and whatever else we can find that's ready to go in...

my memory card is full on my camera! will have to develop things....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.