Friday, April 8, 2011

When you are tired...

In my many years of parenthood a decade or so I have learned to let the little things go. I use to keep a really clean house. It always smelled of bleach or pine sol and I could have eaten off my floors. It was lovely.

Since moving on to the farm and having a few more children my idea of a clean house has changed. It is unlikely that it will ever be CLEAN for more than a few minutes at a time and this is something that I have learned to deal with...

That said....

I think I may hide behind my children slightly... When we go out with all six, people are caught up in the number of kids we have or that we even manage to get them all out in public, they don't even look at how the kids are dressed or how clean they are...

Recently while I dropped off Mr. Rigger off at the airport with only Birdie Gail I had an embarrassing moment.  We walked into the Robins donuts and people were staring.... Now i'm used to this... but i didn't have six kids today.... What were they looking at? I go to the bathroom to see if I have anything on my face...and I'm perplexed. I put down Birdie, do my business and as i sit on the thrown i catch a glimpse of my darling child....

She is sporting two socks.... one she grew out of months ago... but it was all i could find, the other a grey slouch sock pulled up over her pants... her neon green pants.... her onesie, untucked and covered in cheesy crumbs... Her face, hair, ear cavities, also full of Cheetos goodness...

Now she is appropriately dressed.. per say.... in that she is warm, dry, obviously well fed... and also sporting a smile so who cares right?

When I returned home I started to look around and i noticed a few things.....



From left to right we have:
Mrs. Proper wearing an okay outfit... However.. its the SAME OUTFIT she has worn for the past four days and perhaps we are in need of a change.
Monkey boy yup that's his church shirt with muddy jeans, and he hasn't been outside today. You will notice the devious smirk and the hands behind the back... eating cookies in the living room, that i told him he couldn't have....moving on....
Ms. Prim.... mini skirt and school girl shirt.... no tights...but hopefully undies.....
J-Bear..... PJ shirt, okay pants .... no undies....




Here we have a very organized boot closet... with SNOW boots, RUNNING shoes, WINTER jackets, and COWBOY boots all caked with mud.... lovely...


Perhaps its just my children's funky style that is a little off... But as I investigated further I began to thing that maybe we have changed priorities... At least they are dressed... and they were obviously wearing footwear and jackets when they were last outside.... that's something.... right?

We are a large family but not that large....

Moving on....


I noticed that i don't think I even remember what the bottom of this basket looks like.... Our laundry never ends.... Thankfully my mother loves laundry.... (and its good to have a hobby)



Come to think of it I haven't seen the bottom of the TO FOLD basket lately either... hmm... (another hobby right!)



I also realized that maybe the entry way is not the best place to dry the diapers. If anyone ever comes over (unlikely.. but you never know) this is what they would see as we open the front door... "Oh hello sir, yes please come in... don't mind the nappies.." (But at least they would know we are earth conscious)


This constitutes a tidy bookcase. ( Hey on the upside, we are literate...)


Ahhh... yes... this is my favorite... Coffee on a coaster .... a nice white...... hey wait a minute... that's not a coaster, i was wondering where my other breast pad disappeared too!!

Yes in our home we multi purpose, breast pads can become coasters, or used to wipe up spills when there isn't a towel handy...


Ahhhh ... motherhood....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.