Saturday, February 26, 2011

Springs sprung.... I missed the memo....


S

As I scan the net I see that Spring has sprung, oh the crocuses and daffodils are coming up and the snow is melting away to reveal the lush lawn beneath it.I have even started to plant some herb seed and my hanging strawberries in my south facing windows... I get up every morning and raise the blinds... I look and i see white.... more white, ohhh look! dirty white.... and our frozen scarecrow out in the garden. Its not the arctic we are living in here! But I fear its close...
There are no crocuses on this Baron prairie... The sights of winter are thermometers that read -43 and sometimes cant be read until the ice is chipped off... the dog house door covered y a snow drift...
But I have faith... I look out our back window and I see my wonderful fluffy sheep and I dream of all that wool.... Currently the sheep are able to walk right over the fence because of the drifts but I ignore that and just look at the fluff....
The kids are finishing up there school year already... We go hard during the winter months and take very few days off, thus, we are able to spend more days playing when the weather is nice and mom and dad need to be outside working the land, with the help of these little gooses.
Right now I feel stuck, waiting for spring to arrive, waiting for plants to sprout, to finish the school year, to get my new kitchen built(unlikely at best, maybe when our kids leave home...haha) waiting for the Lord to bless us with more babies, and for warmth...
I try hard to realize that with my husbands absences I need to make our life work in shifts of 2 weeks no dad and one week work as hard as you can because daddy has to go back to work in 4 days.. but its hard, I hate having to wait for him to come home and then get half a job done and have to wait to fix all the things we didn't do because we didn't have time to do them. the constant ... oh we should do that... when it warms up, when Mr. Rigger returns, when the kids get bigger, when the snow melts, it all kinda begins to sound like your not being heard and maybe the term should be when hell freezes over.....
Frustrated.... not pregnant .. and irritated today... bahumbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.