Monday, February 7, 2011

oh my how they have grown!

In May of this past year we purchased four pygmy goats and three bottle fed lambs. They are soooo big now. Every time i go out to there pen I begin daydreaming of the amazing diaper soakers, and sweaters there coats will make for us this coming year.

 Its refreshing to see whats coming.... even when it entails work...

We are trying to be more self sufficient. Our attempts to "live off the land" are slow but mighty. I figure by the end of this year we should have (with our proposed acre and a half garden ) The meat from two goats, three lambs, 30 chickens, and hoping for maybe 10 turkeys. Hopefully as well as meat we will have an abundance of vegetables preserved via freezing and canning. This with our baking of all flour based products and not using paper products (diapers, paper towel, napkins, baby wipes, etc... ) and using cloth instead. Should have me (exhausted) but fulfilled.

I CAN DO THIS... I JUST HAVE TO... DO IT!

My intentions are always good... I always throw more seed and plants to grow in the garden then I expect to survive, yet it seems that more always survives than I plan. Unfortunately the weeds are also very abundant.

But again I CAN DO THIS!

I will weed and (Lord I HOPE) my children will help... I reiterate the little red hen story (who will help me thresh the wheat... not I not I) on a regular basis however they do know i would not allow them to starve so we will have to find a happy medium.

Things in life change so drastically as we age..
When I was a teenager, I was the pale goth type... I NEVER went outside, never wore a jacket, never owned snow boots and despised pretty much everything.
Now I'm still pale but not by choice... I go outside in the spring, summer and autumn... but still rarely in the winter, I now always wear a jacket or sweater, I own the hugest snow boots ever with steel toes, they come almost up to my knees.. the fabulous Mr. Rigger ordered them from the distributor they have for there work apparel. I no longer hate everything... Things, even little things can make me cry or laugh until i have to run to the potty and people in general are alright.. they too make me laugh and cry on the rare occasion.

People are funny, but what they do is there business and I stay out of it, but in turn expect the very same courtesy.

So here's them big boots, and those awesome sweaters I was telling you about... and if you notice my Birdie Gail.... NOT ON MY HIP!!! in the sled... SMILING....

TODAY WAS A GLORIOUS DAY!






OH I ALMOST FORGOT.....

I had a realization today that made me laugh.... I never wear a toque because I rarely go outside but I figured today I should wear one... Only.... a toque wont fit over my dreads.... it made me giggle....

Have a grand day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.