Friday, April 13, 2012

A break from insanity..

Ohh how those hormones do rage...

One day I'm a normal person and them BOOM the world is against me and I am drowning in my own hormonal imbalances.... Its a bit tiring.. It involves lots of apologizing when you are stable but sometimes it seems okay to be your own Soap Opera/ Roller Coaster...

So back to normal.. Hopefully for a while.. Exercising everyday. Intrigued by the idea of "Crossfit". Hove you seen this? Basically its the training that they do in the military. Super boot camp, no mercy type of stuff. The premise "Its supposed to hurt, and you are supposed to push yourself!"  The women that I have seen doing this are pretty buff! But still feminine.. II hae never rally liked the long lean prospect of being a yoga momma because being so tall i think it would make me look flimsy... But buff, STRONG I could totally do...

I was inspired by a woman who blogs at "The Story of a Lifetime" She has 11 children and 11 days post partum from number 11 she gets back into her size 8s! Not because she has been buff and naturally thin her whole life but because she really works hard to be strong. She has even gone as far as to post pictures of her abdominals.... Now thats a gutsy chic!

So I have read all the articles that pregnancy is a time to take it easy and not overdue it and I dont want to hurt anything so obviously I will take it easy until Baby comes but then.... OHHH BABYY!!
I usually don't have a hard time getting back to my pre pregnancy weight but i think that the Power 90 lots of exercise route will help it be an even smoother transition.

So lets be clear... I am NOT FIT! I am not lazy, not obese, not weak, but definitely not FIT. I am careful when I lift things, or I get others to lift them for me.. My back is weak, but my pain tolerance is quite high.. I have varicose veins in one leg that get so bad when i am pregnant that i have to wear layers and layers of socks on one foot because they bulge in the arch of my foot and inhibit walking. Super fun. My blood pressure is low.... like 90/60 low even lower in trimester 2 of pregnancy. I get dizzy, and faint. I need to drink a gallon of water a day to keep my pressure to that height and constantly have to pee!

So this journey will not be swift, its not a quick fix.. It will be just that... A JOURNEY! This crossfit looks really hard. So I am going to work it like this... I have the Original Power 90 DVDs from my fourth baby back in 2005 and I do them post partum each baby, but not everyday like is suggested... So that's where we will start. After Baby I will heal.. then do Power 90 on the schedule and then after 90 days see where i'm at. Next step after that I am thinking will be Power 90 X and then Crossfit...

Sort of like training for a marathon I will train to start Crossfit... The ultimate goal for me...

TO DO TEN PULL UPS!! In a row... and with ease... That would be awesome or to be able to climb one of those gym ropes that hang from the ceiling... I have NEVER been able to do that...

Ahhh dreams...

I am so thankful to be having a summer baby! I can go for walks, and breathe fresh air and not have to worry about keeping my newborn warm and bundled. Not confined to the house for months...

And now back to insanity....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.