Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back aches...

It was a sunny day, then a stormy one, then a snowy one, and now a few more stormy ones... We had our first thunder and lightning show of the season yesterday. This is May. Its cold, and then is hot, its  always windy it seems and it rains, stops just long enough to make you think you will be able to drive the gravel roads and then rains again. Welcome to Saskatchewan.

Today Superman is coming home! So this afternoon we will be venturing out regardless of the weather to pick him up. I am trying to be optimistic but I am scared to death we are going to end up in a ditch. Maker of my own destiny much? To make matters worse we have taken out the back seat of the van so any weight it did have back there... GONE...

Oh, i have to go and that's the way it is.. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

The kids are less than organized and well behaved today. They are everywhere, Birdie has stopped talking completely and decided SCREAMING is a much better way to communicate. The Prim has hit this crazy eating binge and has consumed over a loaf of bread in the last 24 hours. Ms. Proper... Is always angry... she is her mothers daughter, and she is worried. .. About the weather, the new kittens in the barn, the dogs being out in the rain, the idea of packing...

Oh the packing... Do you ever get the idea that renovations would be so much easier if you didn't live in your house? Well this is my current thinking and so I am packing... Things that we don't need to have lying around getting covered in drywall dust and wrecked with paint. Extra curtains, cloth diapers that will fit this baby after hes 8 months or so, all our glass precious things that are still intact (let me tell you that was NOT a very big box!) Things that I just don't want wrecked like the beautiful dish my aunt gave us for our wedding and my quilt that was a wedding present that the CATS have taken to sleeping on! ( I cant wait until we have a bed frame, then I can put it on our bed and nothing will claw or spill on or fray the edges. Well a bed frame and a deadbolt on our bedroom door anyway.) 

It seems like things would be easier to get at and maybe we would be more likely to do things if we didn't have to rearrange all the furniture and climb over things to get to them.. Or to do it and then have to clean and dust everything in that room. I think this will be an easier way to get things done... But the kids are worried. I have never thought that instilling a perception of time in my children was of great importance but as they grow they think that EVERYTHING is going to happen right now! There is no waiting no concept of this weekend, when its summer, next year... or even after dinner some days.. So they think we are packing and moving... TODAY!

Wouldn't that be an adventure! But unfortunately no... I try to explain, our house is not even on the the market... When you move you put a house up for sale, wait for someone to buy it, then you look around and pack and find something you want to buy, you put in an offer, they approve it (or not), and then hopefully you move without being homeless for too long between one being sold and taking possession of the other. It takes lots of time.

It has been a rough couple of days. My back is killing me and baby has found my rib cage... He presses his little feet right up under my ribs on the right side and doesn't give. The only remedy i have found if walking around with my arms stretched straight above my head (which doesn't last long) or lying with pillows propped under my back and my head hanging to touch the floor (almost like a bridge). Heat seems to help my back but sitting does not. Walking makes my legs pulsate in my varicose veins and thighs are chaffing when i walk.. (yeah that's an attractive thought... try being the one that has to lug that around). I think I have done relatively well up to this point but now i am tired and not so happy.

Went to my Dr yesterday.. he is on vacations for weeks and there is no record of him wanting to send a referral. So I saw a different Dr. who since he hasn't seen me before wanted to do the whole prenatal work up... He checked my blood pressure 3 times twice on the left and then once on the right and came up with "90/ 60 is not good, you are dizzy?" No I replied "You must be dizzy, if my blood pressure were 90/60 i would be very very dizzy!" I'm fine, I usually have a low blood pressure and pregnancy makes it lower. " No pregnancy doesn't do that... You have something wrong with you... You have low blood pressure" Yeah okay, and what would you like to do about that Dr? " Oh nothing, there is nothing you can do, but this IS a problem and it needs to be fixed!"

Moving on....

"How much did you weigh at your last appointment?" 183lbs, sir.. "Today you are... 184" Okay.
"NO! Not okay... You are not gaining enough weight." Sir I have gained 25 lbs I'm sure its fine... "You think you  are old hat at this but EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT my dear, you must gain more weight. Not gaining weight in pregnancy is like losing weight in pregnancy.. Its not a good idea you will be sicker longer after the baby is born and may end up THINNER THAT YOU STARTED!"  Now I tried SO HARD not to smile or be sarcastic but I couldn't control myself... So Dr. You are afraid that  I may end up thinner than before I got pregnant... Am I hurting the baby? "No dear its not the baby I worry about, that baby will get the calories from your reserves but you may run out of reserves!" Well wouldnt that be a shame....

I assure you all i'm not starving myself I eat pretty much the same thing everyday... 1/2c Oatmeal with Chia seeds 2 tsp of brown sugar and a fruit cup on top, then for lunch 1/2 a can of tuna with a tbsp of mayo, salt and pepper, and 6 crackers to put it on, I snack on fruit and veggies, and make a smoothie with yogurt, carrot juice, milk, strawberries, and any other fruit i have. Dinner always consists of a meat and veggy and usually a bread/rice or potatoe. I have a Thinsation Chocolate covered pretzel pack each day, probably a bran muffin, or some other sort of hearty snack and of course junk food. My stomach is small and I am really lazy so my food is pretty much grab and go... But I am eating all the time! I drink between 4 and 6 litres of water/raspberry or nette tea, or crystal light. And spend the rest of my day in the bathroom.

Despite the drama of the Dr I think I am doing well... I weigh more now by one lbs than I did when I gave birth to Birdie, and I have 7-9 weeks to go.. I think I am doing alright.

I cant find a shirt long enough to cover my belly... Yeah stick a fork in me I'M DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.