Sunday, November 6, 2011

NOVEMBER 6th 2011.. The FIRST snow fall!

I am AMAZED it hadn't snowed earlier. The year i had J-Bear it snowed on October 12th. Every other year since we have been in Saskatchewan it has snowed on Halloween. So the lack of snow this year has been delightful. However it began to snow last night and has yet to stop.

I attempted to take my trusty Econoline filled with children to church this morning.... We packed cinder blocks in the back... a shovel.. a jack... and our emergency kit... JUST IN CASE!

Well... It took me almost an hour to drive 30 kms.... that's 15 out and 15 back home... Gramma took the truck and Big Dog (i love 4x4s) in instead (to pick Mrs. Proper up from a slumber party), then she will pick up Milk and Bread for the week and head back here.

I think we are going to be housebound for a while. I will put Snow Tires on the Econoline and hopefully that will make a difference, but she was slipping all over the place! ... I am still a lot shaky from my accident last year, so the snow makes me very apprehensive about driving.. I don't mind being home when its cold outside.

Hoping all of you a good Sabbath Day. Drive safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.