Sunday, October 9, 2011

A new wave....

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

In church today I was able to meet with the bishop and receive my temple recommend. What a wonderful thing. It did make me think though...

He asks as his last question if there is any reason why you think you are not worthy of entering the Lords temple? Hmmm... well that's a loaded question.

I never feel worthy! I should be a more supportive wife and a less selfish mother. I should seek the Lord more diligently, be a better example for my children (be more obedient, more forgiving, more cheerful), I ought to walk more willingly with faith...

The Bishop tells me that he feels as though we all have concerns in our lives that we wish we could change but that the Lord knows that and he realizes that we are imperfect.

If only we were all so willing to accept our imperfections!

I digress....

So i received my temple recommend.. I believe that receiving this blessing has made me want to work harder to be a better saint.

I pray daily to have more babies and to fill our home with love and order....

I think I have been giving a blessing.. One that involves preparedness.. I had an epiphany after speaking to the bishop today that I am Soooo NOT ready to have more children in our home... Now by this i mean our home is FULL... of STUFF! Mostly unneeded... things that are taking up room and making mommy a little crazy in the process.... We need to clear space!! To organize things and keep only those things that are precious to us!

My children are so precious to me! I want to teach them and be with them everyday... But we seem buried under piles of laundry to do, beds with multiple blankets to make, toys on the floor that no one will claim, dishes, dishes, dishes!

Our house is loud! Despite the sound of 6 children living, there are dryers, and washers, water pumps, refrigerators, doors slamming, vacuums, flies buzzing, fans, the radio, dishes crashing together. We need to clear our home so that we can clear our minds!

So this is my new path... Clear it out... Only keep what we need or the few things that are very important to us. I'm going to Value Village a lot of it, Ebay some of it, and maybe Usedregina a bit.

Superman and I have decided to move back to the Island at some point in the future.... Like the fall of 2012 so that is my other motivation.. We have to fit mums house and mine in a 26 ft truck and a 8X12 trailer..... that's not a lot of room....

Will keep you posted on progress!

Hoping to post this week on the baptism from this summer and of my brothers wedding.... stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.