Saturday, September 10, 2011

These days..

I haven't blogged lately and felt the need. So the last few days around here have been rough.

The saying "when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" Rings true.  Mama just ain't happy. Why? I feel stagnant like nothing is happening and there is nothing i can do. I feel like i currently have no direction... I like to be a busy person but i prefer my own busyness. Like mama decided to move furniture today, mama ripped down a wall, Mama made the kids carry all the books in our home to a new location... These things make me feel like there is progress even when its just shuffling things around.

Superman was home for two weeks this time and it was so nice to have him home. Our relationship was different. We weren't looking for fights. We were both calm and reasonably collected. We were on the same page when it came to the kids. The kids enjoyed him. Now that he is back to work and staying in instead of coming home after his two weeks... I think i'm a bit resentful. I miss him. A LOT. Usually when he comes and goes I don't even think about it but this time its killing me! I really miss him...

Winter is coming! slowly the season is changing. Its getting down to crunch time. It will be frozen soon and there are things that need to get done before that happens...

-Move Superman's truck from where it died in the field back to the house.
-Clean up the yard... Including all the stucco we ripped off when we pulled off the addition.
-Take the Goats to auction.
-Take the large sheep to butcher.
-Rig a more efficient watering system for the animals this winter.
-Clean the garage.
-Most likely pull off the deck so (hopefully) we can get the siding done.
-Install a wood stove (just a dream )
- Fix the hole in the side of the house so that we are able to use our bathroom this winter (I love sub zero weather) (i also LOVE frozen pipes)
-Haul grain so we can feed said animals without having to hike through 4 ft deep snow and dig out a door everyday.
-Clean out summer clothes and replace with winter clothes.
-Fix the door so it locks BEFORE we take the deck off (i would totally forget and take a flying leap out the door)
-Fix the furnace so it turns on without having to wiggle a certain wire and re turn it on every couple hours through the night.
-

I'm sure there is more but I cant think of them.

In other words we are yet again totally unprepared for winter! How does it creep up on us like this? I will never know.
Now Winter in Saskatchewan is not all bad... it does have its perks...

-The fly population goes down considerably.
- The cricket population also dwindles.
- You can blame almost anything on the weather.


Anyways... Mama just ain't happy.. Stagnant.... I feel like I have no direction. I am tired... Super tired!

We will receive our application for domestic adoption on Monday, we did our orientation! I will go in for an appointment after we fill out the application and then we are able to start our PRIDE courses and our Mutual Family Assessment (home study) . That makes me happy I feel like we are making progress there.

Perhaps i will have direction tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.