Friday, August 19, 2011

I served them ICED TEA!

We had a wonderful visit from the missionaries and Bishop yesterday. We had dinner and they had discussions with Superman. HE SET A BAPTISMAL DATE!! We are very excited. October 8th shall be the day. Just after we return from my brothers wedding. Big Dog and Ms. Proper will also be baptised on the same day. It shall be an event to remember. What a blessing it was to have them here. Superman seems happy with his decision, as though a calm has come over him. Its nice to see.

So we ripped out our addition off the kitchen finally and with it went my kitchen sink... With the missionaries arriving at 6pm Superman worked until 4:30 and then i cleaned like a man woman and made Tacos and Cornbread for dinner. Burned 3 batches of cookies and decided there would be no desert. Then Superman asked them if they wanted something to drink... OHHH I FORGOT ABOUT LIQUIDS.... So Monkey says.. I'll make juice... He wanted to make lemonade But i was thinking... Jalapenos.. Salsa  burning and then lemons.. Not so much so I had them make ICED TEA.... TEA.... I NEVER EVEN CLUED IN until i cleared three untouched full to the brim glasses from the table..... We aren't supposed to drink TEA!!

Obviously I still need practice in the word of wisdom. Since returning to church it seems like our lives have greatly improved. Our children are more caring to one another, Superman is a stronger leader and I believe i am a more calm and patient wife and mother. The accountability of knowing that these are not just our children but Gods also, calms me. It makes me want to do better.

Superman will attend church with us this coming Sunday for the first time since we left BC. I am excited. One, because I have attended four times and am beginning to wonder if people believe i have a husband. Two, because it will be nice to go to church and attend our classes as a family. Three, the kids are proud of there dad for wanting to go with us, for being such a good provider, and i think that going to church will strengthen our relationships with each other, as i already see happening with myself and the children.

While looking on my pantry I see 2 cans of instant coffee. About a hundred tea bags, a can of coffee grounds, a bulk size iced tea mix. I think its time to make room on the pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.