Thursday, October 21, 2010

October Days





I have to say I do not have a great feeling about Octobers. My birthday is in October as is our third son but we have had some pretty big loss in our family and it seems to always fall in October. Both my father and grandfather passed away in Octobers, Our home burned down on October the 17th, I had my second ever speeding ticket, and I had an eptopic pregnancy, oh yeah and last October we erected a garage by ourselves and put rafters up with my husband nailing the ends, me pushing the rafters upright with a 1X4 and my aunt steadying them with a 1X4 on the other side(It was not so awesome). And that's just the past five years! Not to mention the flies that October brings here in Saskatchewan.... ewwwww.... So Octobers are not my favorite. I am usually pretty edgy all month. This year.... I'm edgy... So far so I have managed to get my garden sort of dismantled.
Our water pump (which we depent on to pump water into our cisterns and our only source of house water) decided to die... no more fixy fixy... its toast.
Our lawn mower which only had to last one more end of the year mowing (although it is 3 acres to mow) also decided to die. no more fixy no more worky...
My goats are apparently able to jump over four feet in the air because the are getting out of the fence and they aren't going under... hmmmm...
My son who is currently two is potty training. Or at least mom has decided hes potty training. Not so sure if hes on board yet but he'll get it eventually.
But thankfully no one has been hurt in these mishappenings. I have lost my temper only once (which is amazing and had something to do with the lawnmower and my inability to use jumper cables while pushing the clutch and holding down the safety springs with a baby on my hip screaming... fun times...)

But that aside i think it has been a good month, we have been to two eco days at the Hale Oasis Retreat in Lumsden SK. Where a lovely lady Loreen and her son Justin put on Educational days for homeschooling families in the Regina SK area. There home is so beautiful and they are such nice people. They are in my prayers. The kids always have a blast there and they seem to learn a bit too.

Today we decided that since the rototiller was being tempermental and the two potatoe rows that we had left to harvest have rotted and are no longer usable that we shouldnt squander the beautiful day so we made a scarecrow for the garden. His name is Jessop and hes pretty darn handsome. I will take a picture and post it soon. The kids had a good day, I had a good day, I think all in all yet another week, despite our ups and downs is successful.

In our search for perfection let us at least find our way through this life!


Sleep well

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message if you are inspired to do so. Please be kind, we have kiddos that read here.